RE: Help!: Update Frame for Mac OSX; We Need Your Votes!

At 7:33 AM -0700 28/06/01, Dov Isaacs wrote:
>The bottom line, quite simply, is that WE ALREADY KNOW that
>most Mac users, including Adobe's internal FrameMaker users
>on the Mac, want a MacOS X "native" version of FrameMaker ASAP.
>(FYI, almost all the output of our "User Education" department
>at Adobe including most manuals, books, and help files associated
>with our products is done with FrameMaker and a major percentage
>of that is done on Macs!) We already have that input. OK?

  Personally, I'm not getting too revved up about this yet. Until the
AppleScript implementation in X is up to what it is in 9.x, I'm
unable to think about moving my workspace there anyway. It'll be a
place for experimentation and play, but it's not ready for prime
time. So far there's too much of the spinning rainbow CD for my
liking. (I'm a big Apple/Mac booster, but so far the X Kool-Aid
hasn't had any effect). I've got a long list of gripes about X, but
will spare the list.

- web