web: http://www.haysdesign.com
mailto:dhays@haysdesign.com
Telephone: +1 518.479.4220
June 28, 2001  6:28:15 AM

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Nailen [mailto:jeffnailen@earthlink.net]
Sent: June 27, 2001 10:32 PM
To: framers@omsys.com
Subject: Help!: Update Frame for Mac OSX; We Need Your Votes!

To all Mac Frame users:

We need your 'votes'!

As you know, a big issue is when or whether Adobe will carbonize or
cocoa-ize Frame for the Mac.

I've posted a new topic on the Macworld 'Operating Systems' forum asking
Macworld to add Frame to its chart of 4 dozen or so 'key applications being
rewritten to run natively in OSX', an ongoing tool they are using to track
developers' progress & announcement dates. The chart is on their home page.

If Frame is added to this chart of 'key' Mac apps (along with several other
higher-profile Adobe products), it will raise Frame's visibility on Adobe's
radar screen, and let Adobe know there are many Mac Frame users who want
this update. If they know there's a large demand for this, they may update
sooner than otherwise.

If enough people contact Macworld, they may just respond by adding Frame to
their list, so that every time they contact Adobe for an update, Frame will
be included in the inquiry.

If Macworld identifies Frame as a 'key' app, perhaps Adobe will recognize it
as such.

After just 1 day, we already have 8 replies. We only need 7 more to turn
this into a 'hot' topic that will get the Macworld editors' attention.

Please, when you get a chance,

1) go to www.macworld.com

2) click on the 'Forums' tab

3) go to the 'Operating Systems' forum

4) find the 'Adobe FrameMaker on Road to OSX' topic

and register your support. It will only take a couple minutes.

Btw, Adobe actively monitors these forums, so you will get double the bang
out of your message!

Thanks!