Re: (2) Imported Graphics - search

*** The original message appeared on the FrameUsers mailing list.
*** If this message is useful, consider sending it to FrameUsers.

From: <wbernhardt@att.net>
> Is there a way to search for an imported graphic by its file name?
> I know how to do the reference list. Only problem is that
> this is one file in 19,000+ artwork files, used somewhere
> in over 12,000 pages of text with an average of 3
> pictures per page.
> I am looking for that one special silver bullet that
> would search for the file name while it was still in the
> document.

OK, so you don't the FM files available in a book file?
If you do, generating a LOR file is pretty fast.

Another idea would be to save all files to MIF and search for
the filename in the MIF files. But I'm guessing that would be
too much work for you, even if you had DZbatcher.

If you were on UNIX, you could simply do a loop with
"strings filename.fm | grep graphicname"
to see where the file is used. (no need for MIF in this case)