Re: Equation differences between AdobePS versions

Dov,

I may yet owe you an apology; it is possible that I made the PDFs
which had the spacing problems using the Laserjet printer instance,
rather than Distiller. I had installed both printer instances but I am
not sure that I used them both for their intended purposes when
testing.

Under normal circumstances I do make sure to switch manually to
Distiller as the active printer, then print to PS and distill from a
watched folder. However it is possible that after I had seen the text
spacing problems on screen in FrameMaker and when printed directly to
the Laserjet 4, I departed from my checklist and fired off a few quick
PDFs with the Laserjet printer still active.

I will now investigate whether, with Distiller as the active printer,
the spacing problems appear onscreen in FrameMaker and in PDF. I am
hopeful that using the Distiller, and reinstalling the Laserjet
printer instance from a modified PPD will solve the problem. Dov, I am
sorry if I have wasted your time, and I will let you and the lists
know if problems remain after further testing under the known reliable
conditions.

--
Michael Cudmore
Project Development Manager