Re: Equation differences between AdobePS versions

Dov Isaacs wrote:
> This has been discussed quite a few times ad nauseum on these
> lists. To find your most likely fix, go to
> <http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/1a816.htm> and follow
> its directions.

I will try the PPD hack method. Thank you to Dov for the pointer (yes,
I do recall reading about this problem and its solution some months
ago, but obviously I had not kept the relevant messages.)

> (I'll almost bet that you are creating PDF files from
> the PostScript driver configured for the LaserJet 4 instead of
> using the Distiller Assistant.)

Lucky you didn't make that bet. I am not so thick-headed that I ignore
good advice appearing daily in my mailbox. It's just the advice given
a month or four ago that I might forget :-)

Thanks also to Jason Aiken for pointing me to his useful contribution
to InFrame issue 2 which covers this and other issues:

    http://www.inframe-mag.com/archive/files/vol1/1-2/ps2pdf.pdf

--
Michael Cudmore
Project Development Manager