Re: A conditional-text caveat

On Tue, 13 Apr 1999 09:05:33 -0700, Carolyn Stallard
<Carolyn.Stallard@Coastek.com> wrote:

>I create a new book; call it BK-0050.  This new book incorporates a
>couple of chapter files from another book, BK-0048.  As I edit those
>shared chapters for BK-0050, I find I need to create a condition for
>text that should appear in BK-0050 but not in any of the other books
>these chapters serve.  I call this new condition 0050.  All is well so
>far; I generate BK-0050, publish it, put it away.
>
>Now I need to publish a new edition of BK-0048.  The first thing I do
>is to apply conditional-text settings to the book from its template
>file; those settings specify showing conditions "0048" and "draft".

Does the template file also include the 0050 condition, in the hide
list?  If it doesn't mention 0050 at all, it won't alter 0050's settings
from those used last in your other project.  You need to import the
condition settings from a file that contains 0050 to the *template*,
then Hide 0050 and save the template, before you import to the book.

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message **
** body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **