Re: Acrobat color shifts

At 3/3/99 11:48 AM , Grant wrote:
>I've run into a new one that I need help with.
>
>Due to circumstances beyond my control, I'm forced to replace just a
>single chapter  in a PDF file.  The probelem is that the newly
>disttilled PDF has different colors than the rest of the older PDF.
>I'm using the same Frame Template/color definitions as before.
>Frame 5.56, Acrobat 3.01 No Add ons.
>I've tried all the variables I can think of, but to no avail, my dark
>blues come out bright blue.
>Not just my computer.. tried it on another one too.
>
>Changes:
>I'm on a new computer, running NT4/SP4, and the old PDFs were
>produced on Win95/SP1.
>Same release of FM, same release of Acrobat.
>
>Grant

Grant,

Please ignore someone's post that claimed that Windows NT and Windows'95
handle color differently. That is NOT the cause. However you may be
experiencing problems due to a different setting in the "maker.ini" file.

Edit this file with an ASCII text editor and look for the setting:

	GetLibraryColorRGBFromCMYK=

If the value is "Off", change it to "Printing".
If it is printing, change it to "Off"
Try printing and creating the PDF file again and see if the problem
goes away.

If this setting doesn't exist at all in the "maker.ini" file, add it
with the "Off" setting and try printing and creating the PDF file
again. If that doesn't work, change the setting to "Printing" and
try again.

Let me know if this solves your problem.

	- Dov