Re: thanks for suggestions on pdf file display problems

Joseph,

One clarification... My suggestion was NOT to SAVE to .ps files, but to
*PRINT* to .ps files.  (I think that is what you meant, but I want to be
sure.)

As for having to do that step, I agree that it is a pain.  HOWEVER.... I
believe that one could use the FrameScript scripting language to open all
files in a directory(s) and print them (to .ps).  Furthermore, Distiller can
be configured with Watched Folders so that as soon as the frame files are
printed to .ps files, Distiller will (automatically in the background) Distill
them to PDF.

While setting up the FrameScript script might be a little work, one could
really let FrameScript and Distiller blast through this stuff overnight.
(Joseph, I have copied this message to Frank Elmore, of FrameScript fame, you
may wish to carry this conversation on with him.)

Note that using this type of automation, the Frame files can be edited as
needed, and then the script(s) run overnight to generate all new PDF files --
replacing the previous versions.  You might then need a batch file/script to
move the various PDFs to the directories where they are needed on your
server(s), however, one could theoretically process thousands of files this
way, without intervention.

--
Jay Smith

e-mail: jay@jaysmith.com

The Press for History(tm), The Press for Education(tm),
The Press for [Your Industry](tm), The Press for....(tm)
  On-demand printing and binding of hardbound books.
  Minimum run one copy.

P.O. Box 650
Snow Camp, NC  27349  USA

Phone: Int+US+336-376-9991