RE: Search index not available on Solaris

I thought the MacOS file system was dubbed 'HFS' aka Hierarchical File
System?
I would be very happy though if I could create a HFS cd-rom image using
Adaptec
Easy CD Creator 3.5 on Windows NT.

Anyway, I got an idea that must be tried out. The main problem seems to be
that
when you attach the search index to the PDF documents on the Windows
platform
where the search index is created, you get an uc reference to the search
name in the PDF documents. When you open the PDF on Solaris, the Search
plugin
looks for a search index name in uc, which it isn't if you just copy from my
distribution cd-rom.

But if I either rename the Search index directory and PDX file to lc before
attaching it, or use a pdfmark language command in the document to attach a
search index name in lc, everybody ought to be happy. Windoze is case
preserving
but case insensitive, the ISO 9660 cd-rom is all uc but case insensitive,
and
Solaris is all lc and case sensitive.

kind regards

Peter Ring