RE: Chapter Numbering question

	<<I have set up my manuals to have automatic chapter numbering, like
so:

> Chapter 1   <--- This paragraph style is called ChapNum & numbers
> ......Overview   <---- This paragraph style is called ChapName
>
> When I assemble the TOC, I would like it to pick up both, and put ChapNum
> in a
> sidehead, like so:
>
> Chapter 1     Overview
>                    abc
>                    def
>                    ghi
>
> Chapter 2     Something else
>
> How do I accomplish this?  I can't get the TOC to pick up ChapNum, so I
> keep <snip> >>

*	In the book file, set up the TOC to pick up both the ChapNum and
ChapName paratags.
*	Regenerate the TOC.
*	In the TOC file, set your ChapNumTOC paratag to use a run-in heading
style. Change the ChapNameTOC paratag to conform as the following tag. You
can play with them in the TOC by updating all until it looks the way you
want.
*	Thereafter, just update the book and generate the TOC. Voila!

Good luck.

Deborah Snavely
Senior Technical Writer and occasionally cryptic grouch
consulting at Visa
all disclaimers apply, especially any about disclaimers