Chapter Numbering question

I have set up my manuals to have automatic chapter numbering, like so:

Chapter 1   <--- This paragraph style is called ChapNum & numbers
......Overview   <---- This paragraph style is called ChapName

When I assemble the TOC, I would like it to pick up both, and put ChapNum in a
sidehead, like so:

Chapter 1     Overview
                   abc
                   def
                   ghi

Chapter 2     Something else

How do I accomplish this?  I can't get the TOC to pick up ChapNum, so I keep
typing in the chapter numbers manually.  I tried looking at some samples, but I
can't figure them out.

Thanks for any/all help.

Suzette Seveny
Markham, Ontario, Canada
sseveny@petvalu.com or suzette@yesic.com
DISCLAIMER:
Any opinions expressed are MY opinions.
Feel free to have your own.
Let's agree to disagree
But Please - Don't Flame Me.

Curiosity killed the cat, but for a while, I was a suspect.