RE: Separating JPEGs

Are you in two color or 4?

Depending on the answer....

I have seen this happen with many types of graphics in frame.  The best
thing I have found to do is as follows.

Bring the graphic into photoshop.  Convert to cmyk and strip the unneeded
channels out.  In rare circumstances you can als do a duotone eps.

Try this and then we can try some other things.