Re: Drawing with the freehand tool

On Wed, 14 Oct 1998 08:52:01 +0200, Mandy  Osrin <mandy@nice.com> wrote:

>When you draw an object using the freehand tool, the original shape comes
>complete with nodes with which you can bend and reshape the object. However,
>the moment you deselect the object and then select it again,  it appears
>with selection handles and the nodes seem to be gone for good. What do I
>have to do to regain the nodes?

The nodes are called "reshape handles" or "control points" in
FrameSpeak.  You can show them by selecting the object and
typing Esc g r (for "graphics reshape").  On Windows, you can
also use Control-r.

You can drag them as usual; if you hold Shift while you drag,
you are constrained to horizontal or vertical movement (not
both), as with other drag operations.  You can "crimp" the
curve by dragging with the *right* mouse button down; try it
to see how it works.

If you want to add another reshape handle, Control-click on
the line where you want it.  If you want to delete one,
Control-click on the handle itself.

All of this came from the Quick Reference to FrameMaker Windows
Release 5, from Frame Technology Corp.  Just one of the many
goodies we've lost lately.  This little 60-page treasure lives
on my desk in easy reach of my left hand...

   (jeremy@omsys.com)     http://www.omsys.com/
** To subscribe to Free Framers, email the message
   body "subscribe framers" to majordomo@omsys.com **