RE: EDD/DTD syncronization

Structured FrameMaker's learning curve is not an easy gentle slope, but DocBook
and XML publishing isn't really super simple either. DocBook XML (the DTD
package), plus the DocBook XSL package, plus the libxml2 tools (or the tools of
your choice), plus a professional FO processor like XEP,  . . . all the these
things in a properly configured tool chain managed and operated by a
knowledgeable person . . . this gets you all the single sourcing you are looking
for. You can do all this yourself "in your own backyard," but you will have to
work at getting it into operation.

XML-to-FO-to-PostScript and/or the XML-to-FO-to-PDF processes are usually
significantly more difficult than the XML-to-HTML processes. Structured
FrameMaker can help. It can substitute for the processes that otherwise would
involve using XSL, and it can provide all the excellent formatting and
publishing capabilities of unstructured FrameMaker.

You can try my downloadable DocBook XML structured FrameMaker project at:
http://www.getnet.net/~swhitlat/

Follow the DocBook link on the right.

Or, to get started with learning DocBook XSL-FO, you can try DocBook XSL
Configurator:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/db-xsl-cfg/

Good luck,

Steve Whitlatch