RE: .fm vs .e## vs .xml

Good point ~ If you just want to port the content to flat HTML then WebWorks, Robo office 5 (and with any luck Flare from madcapsoftware) will allows you to port direct without having to finish round tripping to XML.
But if you want to load the XML into a database and use it for other applications then you need to be able to port to XML first.

Depends what your deliverables are.

Luke