Re: EDD/DTD syncronization

The DocBook starter kit that comes with FrameMaker is just that--a starting point that organizations can customize to create documents with the desired look and feel. It does have some bugs, but the work of customizing the application to the needs of a particular group usually dwarfs that of correcting them.

Attributes that exist in the DTD but not the EDD may be those used to represent FrameMaker properties for objects like tables and graphics instead of FrameMaker attributes--fileref and entityref are examples.

You might want to create a simple FrameMaker document from the template in the starter kit--one that includes a graphic and a table--and save it to XML. The result may well answer some of your
questions.

--Lynne