Re: FM7 Mac: Issues

-----Original Message-----
From: Paul Findon <pfindon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> When they fail, does Distiller spit out any error messages?

Yes, usually things like the last couple:

" Error: ioerror; OffendingCommand: showpage"

> Some users report that Classic is stable, but that's not been my experience.
> That's why we still use Mac OS 9 at the office.

Actually Classic has been fairly stable, it's been FM7 that has crashed. I have tried to simply restart FM7, but that usually results in a long startup time and it never gets past the splash screen. It's not until I force quit classic and restart it that I can reopen FrameMaker. It's a strange thing and not something that use to happen with 5.5 under Classic.

>> I never had any of these sort of issues when I used FM 5.5 on the Mac
>> (in fact, 5.5 was probably the most stable version IMO).

> I guess you mean FM 5.5 in Mac OS 9, not Classic?

I have never had issues using 5.5 under either, and FM 7 under XP has been fairly stable which is why I'm surprised at how many times I've had FM 7 under Classic crash or the PostScript fail me... The strangest thing is the same PostScript code that fails on Classic works fine on Distiller on XP, or as I mentioned PSStill or Preview.

I'm going to try some other things tonight to see if I can't get my PS files to work on the Mac.

Wayne