Re: FM7 Mac: Issues

On 29 Mar 2005, at 15:48, waynefb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Now, I'm really curious if anybody else is using FM 7 on the Mac. If so, do you have problems creating PDFs that work properly? I've been running into an issue where my PostScript files always fail in distiller. They open fine in Mac OS X's Preview, but then the size of the document goes from 6 MB to 50 MB. I started using PSStill and my files all seem to be created correctly again, but my cross-references are not linked.

When they fail, does Distiller spit out any error messages?

I've also had a ton of issues where Frame crashes on me while generating/updating a TOC. These crashes are NOT logged as errors FM is keeping track of either. Usually I end up having to Force Quit the Classic Environment and relaunch it and FM. Then all goes well for a while before I run into these same sort of issues.

I've not yet discovered a specific action that causes Classic to go pear shaped, but on my Mac it does so several times a day. Some users report that Classic is stable, but that's not been my experience. That's why we still use Mac OS 9 at the office.

I never had any of these sort of issues when I used FM 5.5 on the Mac (in fact, 5.5 was probably the most stable version IMO).

I guess you mean FM 5.5 in Mac OS 9, not Classic?

Paul