Re: FM7 Mac: Issues

> Now, I'm really curious if anybody else is using FM 7 on the Mac. If
> so, do you have problems creating PDFs that work properly?

I am, but I don't have those kind of problems making PDFs.

> I've also had a ton of issues where Frame crashes on me while
> generating/updating a TOC. These crashes are NOT logged as errors FM
> is keeping track of either.

I wonder if some of your problem involves making the leap
from 5.5 to 7.0. In your shoes, I would:

  * Rename all TOC & IX files, then Generate/Update to build
    new ones. If that helps, import the reference pages and
    para/char formats to the new TOC/IX files.

  * If that didn't help, save all the files as MIF, quit Frame,
    then open the MIF files & save them out as regular Frame
    files. If you want an AppleScript that saves all the files
    in your book as MIF, email me privately & I'll send you a
    copy.

  * If that didn't solve the problem, look for corrupted fonts
    (in the Classic environment) and/or EPS graphics.

There's no reason that FM7 can't produce good PDFs, I do it all
the time.

--
Larry Kollar, Senior Technical Writer, ARRIS
"Content creators are the engine that drives