Re: FM7 Mac: Issues

waynefb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

I've also had a ton of issues where Frame crashes on me while generating/updating a TOC. These crashes are NOT logged as errors FM is keeping track of either. Usually I end up having to Force Quit the Classic Environment and relaunch it and FM. Then all goes well for a while before I run into these same sort of issues.

Our experience is pretty much the same as yours, Wayne - at least with Classic crashes and freezes. We have no problem with PDF-making through Distiller, though.

Bottom line: we are lucky enough to be able to choose our platform so we've pretty much stopped doing Frame work on Macs unless we need good CMYK output.

If I were setting out to make a stable platform I'd start by purging Classic extensions and fonts wherever possible.

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters

Information design: we help explain things using
language | design | systems | process improvement