Use of pdf as a graphic format

While investigating the merits of using SVG as a graphic format in our
FrameMaker 7.0/7.1 documents (which are converted to HTMLHelp using
WebWorks), I noticed that FrameMaker allows you to import PDF files just like
any graphic. If I create a drawing in Corel--or any other software for that
matter--I can print to the Adobe PDF printer and then import that pdf into
Frame.

The PDF/graphic prints fine and it displays very nicely with FM, nicer than
an EPS preview. The file is also smaller (40K vs 128K on one test, presumably
because of the lack of TIFF preview saved with the file).

Does anyone know any reasons *not* to import PDF in FrameMaker? The only
thing I've noticed so far is that printing a graphic to PDF from Corel
creates a bounding box the size of the default page (with the graphic
included somewhere), which you have to crop with Acrobat or resize the page
in Corel.

Bill Marcotte