RE: Seeking Cyrillic font advice

Hi, Stuart.

You could use the same copy of Verdana/Lucida standard fonts you have used
for English version of your manual.

All required Cyrillic characters live inside the same copies of
Verdana/Lucida TrueType/OpenType fonts.

========cut here========
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes]
"Tahoma CYR,204"="Tahoma,204"
"Lucida Sans Unicode CYR,204"="Lucida Sans Unicode,204"
"Lucida Console CYR,204"="Lucida Console,204"

"Tahoma Cyr,0"="Tahoma,204"
"Lucida Sans Unicode Cyr,0"="Lucida Sans Unicode,204"
"Lucida Console Cyr,0"="Lucida Console,204"
========cut here========

Copy / paste this text to Notepad. Save it as text file with Unicode
encoding and *.reg extension. Double click on this file.
The Alarm "Are you sure you want to add ...to the registry?" will appear.
Select "Yes". Reboot. Take a look on the list of available fonts in
FrameMaker.

We hope this helps.
PS. Have in view TrueType at this time is also a part of PostScript so there
are not serious reasons to prefer Type 1 against TrueType.

Regards,
Support Team, Mammoth Elk Translation

TMTQT.TRANSLATION & L10N              TRANSLATION with DTP at NO EXTRA COST
      "The True Mother Tongue Quality"T.           Service Program

MAMMOTH ELK TRANSLATIONT.                           Fax:
  Central European, Baltic, Scandinavian, Hebrew        In UK: +44 870 831
9177
  Former U.S.S.R. Republics, Cyrillic, Central Asian    In USA: +1 (801) 439
825
  Georgian, Turkish, Azeri, Persian (Farsi), Syrian       In Hong Kong +852
301 03890
  CJK, SE Asian Language Service

Service request:                           Company profile request:
     order@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx                    info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx