"Break" table rows?

Is there any way to "break" table rows so that they flow over a soft page
break (similar to the way Word allows you to specify whether or not the row
can break across pages?)?  I've seen the Frame documentation on orphan rows
and keeping one row with the next, but it isn't quite what I'm looking for.
I have some tables that have very wide rows (i.e., the cells have a lot of
text) and they won't break across pages.  This is causing large amounts of
white space on some of my pages.

If I have to re-work the tables so they break correctly that's fine, but I
thought I'd find out whether row breaking is possible first.

- Mary
"Anytime you have an efficient government, you have a dictatorship."  Harry
S. Truman