Re: How to get figure counter to reset by itself

> From: Stefan Petrucha <petrucha@isnet.sk>
>
> If you had small smattering of experience with Python,
> you could try fmPython (available from my site). With
> Python you can avoid the MIF-trip and work directly
> from within FM, process whole book at once etc. It
> should be sufficient to solve your problems with
> citations.
>
> Drawback: one does need to know a little bit how the FM
> internal structures are organized (documentation
> available in the FDK) in addition to Python
> programming.

Stefan,

I'm aware that Python is a very good alternative to
Perl, but I've already sunk a great deal of time in the
past getting to know the small smattering of Perl that
I have.  Unfortunately, I not familiar with the FM
internal book/document file structure, and I don't
believe that I have to time to get involved with
something new at this point.  In fact, I will only
spend time on the Perl route if it is absolutely
unacceptable to have an disparate lists of references
for each chapter.  In the proposal, it might be
acceptable, but probably not in the final thesis.

Thanks for pointng out fmPython as a possibility.  It's
certainly worthwhile to know of its existence.

Fred
--
Fred Ma, fma@doe.carleton.ca
Carleton University, Dept. of Electronics