Re: Bug when cancelling print to distiller print drive (FM7)

Carol,

Spontaneous "reboots out of nowhere" even when occurring when one particular
application program is running may (repeat "may") actually be the symptom of
a hardware problem, most likely a bad memory chip?

Huh? You ask! Simple. If most of the time, you are running either email or
a web browser, you are using relatively little of your system's memory
resources. Run FrameMaker (any version) and open a large document with
links or embedded graphics and suddenly you are very heavily pounding upon
your system's real memory capabilities well beyond how they would be
accessed otherwise, not only accessing such memory at all, but changing
its values more continuously. The same type of problem could conceivably
occur if you opened a humongous Word document, Photoshop image, InDesign
document, etc.

You might want to have your system hardware checked out, especially
memory and the memory controller circuitry.

        - Dov