Solving the Doc Review/Exchange Problem

My experience with TRADOS S-Tagger is very limited, and occurred quite
awhile ago.

Has anyone thought of using S-Tagger to facilitate the exchange and review
of Frame documents by distributing them in Word, and then converting them
back to FrameMaker?

Although S-Tagger is intended for translations, it seems to me it could be
adapted for the subject purpose as well. S-Tagger takes Frame documents in
MIF format as input, and converts them to Word documents with all of the
original FrameMaker formatting (and even layout, as I recall)
preserved.  Instead of using the Word document for translation, it could be
used for reviews with comments and changes made in the Word document. At
completion, of the review, the Word document is passed back through
S-Tagger to restore it back to a FrameMaker document.  You'd only need one
S-Tagger station to do all that.

Certainly, S-Tagger with all its translation goodies would be unnecessary
for the purpose described. IdeallyTRADOS could offer a stripped-down
version of S-Tagger whose sole purpose would be:

1. Converting Frame documents to Word in a form that would be suitable only
for review and comment.

2. Converting the modified Word documents back to FrameMaker documents in
which all changes from the original document would be flagged in some manner..

Can anyone experienced with S-Tagger comment on the feasibility of this
approach?

DW Emory <danemory@globalcrossing.net>