Re: Bug when cancelling print to distiller print drive (FM7)

I don't know much about these things, but I, too, was experiencing
spontaneous reboots while working in Frame (Win2000Pro, Frame7). Unlike
Carla, my reboots were not triggered by cancelling a print job or any other
specific function. This problem does not happen as frequently as it used
to, but I still occasionally experience a reboot out of nowhere...and only
when working in Frame. Because it is not a Frame crash, I do not get a
backup of my files, so I've become more superstitious about save, save, save.

Carol

At 10:48 AM 4/11/2003 -0700, you wrote:
>Carla,
>
>There is absolutely nothing in FrameMaker, Acrobat, or
>even the PostScript driver that can cause Windows 2000 to
>reboot since all that code runs in a protected context.
>You might want to check whether you have the latest
>Windows 2000 service pack and updates installed on your
>system since such a reboot can only be caused by a bug
>in a low-level system driver or service.
>
>         - Dov
>

>At 4/11/2003 08:42 AM, Carla Martinek wrote:
> >Hi, all.  Just discovered an interesting bug when I
> >attempted to cancel a print job in FM:
> >
> >OS: Win 2000 Professional
> >Pent. III machine, 433Mhz
> >FM: 7.0p576
> >
> >Printing short doc (12 pgs) to Distiller print driver,
> >cancelled it just as it started to print.  I got an
> >instantaneous reboot of my system - no error window,
> >no crash file, nothing.

Carol J. Elkins         A Written Word
Technical writing, indexing, & editing
Phone: 719-948-3773