RE: Distiller problem

If you create a new printer instance, you must already have the
FILE: port created. You create a printer instance with the Acrobat Distiller
PPD but point it to the FILE: port instead of the PDF port.

When you ask FrameMaker or any other application to "print to file", it
temporarily points the current printer instance to the FILE: port.

        - Dov