Re: What's the "dream machine" for running Frame?

Greg,

Quite frankly, I think that some very simple things will
fix your problems.

In terms of HARDWARE, up your memory to at least 512 megabytes,
preferably 1 gigabyte. Most "late" Pentium III 930+ mhz motherboards
supported at least 1 gigabyte. This memory upgrade should be
relatively inexpensive.

In terms of SOFTWARE, you don't say what version of Acrobat you
are running, but I would look carefully at the driver settings
for the Acrobat Distiller printer instance. Make sure that under
the "Advanced" tab of the "Acrobat Distiller" printer instance's
properties you have "Spool print documents so program finishes printing
faster" selected as well as "Start printing after last page is spooled"
selected. The "Print directly to the printer" option, unfortunately
set by default by Acrobat 5.0x at installation time, pessimizes
system performance and sets you up for potential job failure.

        - Dov