Re: Mac OS 9 users what happened to command-space?

I ran into this, and it's gone away and I *think* I know why (no time to
test it, I've moved 600 miles and turned remote worker this past month,
hence off-list for a while).

Have you yet accidentally fat-fingered that Mac OS dialog about setting
function keys?  Click a function key from Frame and it should appear. I
forget what the Control Panel is, if I ever knew.  Anyway, examine that
dialog for a place to customize (by adding some additional key) what
brings up this Mac-specific functionality. I believe I just told it to
add Control (because Frame/Mac doesn't use control-function key
shortcuts or at least not that I ever use).

IF my speculation is correct, something about re-setting that (control
panel or dialog) also enabled command-space. I've been training myself
to use control-9 instead (not a real nuisance because I work
cross-platform AND because control-# is a whole series of shortcuts that
I do use), but I noted last week that command-space seemed to be working
again and made an as-yet-unfulfilled mental note to verify that for
m'self.

So, it's just a guess, but one with a little weight to it.

Good luck!
Deborah Snavely
Document Architect, QA & Docs,
Aurigin Systems, Inc. dsnavely@aurigin.com