PDF problem: document info

Yet another PDF problem...

We print an FM document to PS file with Acrobat Data turned on,
on 3 different systems:
A) Windows 2000 SP1, FM+SGML 5.5.6, updated PSCRIPT driver
B) Windows NT 4 SP5, FM+SGML 5.5.6, AdobePS 5.1.2 driver
C) Windows NT 4 SP5, FM+SGML 5.5.0, AdobePS 5.1.1 driver

On system A and B, we have tried "printing" to both the Acrobat
Distiller printer and a physical color printer.
On system C, we have to use a physical color printer (due to a
bug in AdobePS 5.1.1).

We manually distill the PS file with identical job options.
When we open the resulting PDF files, the Document Info
(document title and author) differs:

On system A using Acrobat Distiller printer, the title is set
to the FM file name and the author to the user's login name.
On system A using a physical color printer, and always on
system B, the title is set to the FM file name, but the author
is blank.
On system C, the title is set to "Untitled document" and the
author is blank.

What's the reason for these different results? Is there any
way to control the title and author, or to get consistent
results, without editing in Acrobat 4.05a afterwards, or
using special PostScript text frames in FM?
(And YES, I realize we should have identical system set-ups...)