Re: PDF problem: document info

Hello Thomas,

[The situation -- how to modify the Doc Info fields in Frame 5.5 so that
the resulting PDF picks up proper Title and Author data. ]

I have a client in a similar situation. The solution I provided does use
special PostScript Code text frames, but with the use of variables, there's
no hand-tailoring; they're just pasted in whole.

The solution is to put a PostScript Code text frame on each title page, and
use Frame variables to pick up the document title and author info. The code
is replicated below. Note that text in < > is user-supplied:

    [ /Title (<TITLE_VARIABLE_HERE>)
    /Author (<AUTHOR_VARIABLE_HERE>)
    /DOCINFO
    pdfmark

For those who haven't used these PostScript Code text frames, the secret
sauce is:

o   To create -- add a regular text frame, enter the code, change the text
color to white (i.e., make it invisible), and then change the properties of
the text frame to PostScript Code.

o   To edit the text -- reverse the above steps.

I wasn't sure the variable would work, but it does. Also, we put the text
frame above the other information on the page, though I didn't test whether
this was necessary. (There's docinfo stuff in an EPS logo at the bottom of
the same page -- Catalog was picking this up as the doc's title, etc.,
prior to our use of Code frames.)

HTH,

Tom Neuburger

The Masters Series: FrameMaker 6