MML Definition of character format catalog?

Hi Framsters!

Is there a way to set a format of the character format catalog in a MML file?
I suppose this possibility doesn't exist, cause in the MML Reference by Adobe no such thing is mentioned.

My problem is, that I wanna have the possibility to globally change character formats in documents. The regular way for us is to import MML-Files into Templates, and these MML-Files can not carry within these character format catalog definitions, so formats like e.g. italic can not be bound to specific character catalog formats.

The worst thing is that we produce lot of MML-Files and to change every wrong marked format manually after importing in Frame is more act than changing the markups globally in Frame by character format catalog definitions.

Anybody any ideas?

Best Regards,

Martin Eisenbarth