font metrics

Hello all -

I am working in a Traditional Chinese document. (I
hope that information is only an interesting aside
and does not have something complicated to do with
my problem...)
I am unable to make a pdf because of a problem
with 'Font metrics.' It is not mentioned in help
and I cannot figure out what to do other than
maybe completely reformat the whole dang document.

I am working in FM 6 in Trad.Chinese Windoze98.

Thanks!
Erica Chapin