Re: Gee, ain't dem RTF/*.doc files BIG!

On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 07:32:54 -0700, "Sue Norris" <snorris@iprocorp.com>
wrote:

>I've been forced to use RoboHELP to create help based on FM source files,

We'd consider that torture...  After you go through the pain of getting
RTF out of FM using the broken native filters, you have to do a lot of
manual work in everyone's favorite WP, Word, using the awkward RH tools...

>I'd love to hear if anyone else has an easier way.

Much easier.  Also much less expensive, both in cash outlay and, more
importantly, in the amount of work you must expend to use it.  Have a
look at our Mif2Go, which runs from within FM and makes Word RTF, WinHelp,
HTML, XHTML, MS HTML Help, JavaHelp, and XML that you *never* have to
post-process:
  http://www.omsys.com/
The single-seat price is $295 (with steep discounts for five or more),
and includes a full year of unlimited email-only tech support and all
upgrades.  Sliding scale for students, academics, and nonprofits.

As FrameMaker users since version 2.x (on a Sun 3/50), we know what's
important about single-sourcing.  And we support it to the max.  You
do *all* of your work in Frame, and specify Mif2Go settings in an ASCII
.ini file.  Once you've done that, pick File | Save Using Mif2Go... and
in a very short time (usually under a minute) you'll have a finished
file that requires no further work.  We've handled inter-book links for
years...  Our upgrades are based directly on what our customers ask for;
we often make on-the-spot improvements, and *always* fix bugs immediately.
Send us a sample file (per the detailed instructions on the Web site),
and see the results for yourself...

  (jeremy@omsys.com)  http://www.omsys.com/