running heading in multiple files of the same chapter

I'm sure this has come up before, but I couldn't remember the solutions and
I couldn't find the solutions in any of the archives.

We have several writers doing work on different topics, and the topics will
all go into one chapter. Each topic will start at the top of a page, so
we're having each topic in a separate file so we don't have two writers
needing access to the same file.

Our problem comes in with the running headers, which are defined as Chapter
<$paranum[ChapterNum]>  <$paratext[ChapterTitle]>, giving us "Chapter 2
Working with the Sample Apps" as an example of a running header. Because the
topics are in separate files, only the first topic will have the running
header.

Short of manually typing the text on the master page of every file, or
typing the text in white on a body page, what's the best way to get this
running header on subsequent pages (files) in the chapter?