Re: Gee, ain't dem RTF/*.doc files BIG! (OKAY, ALRIGHT, ENOUGH, ALREADY!)

All:

>A colleague wanted some FrameMaker files exported as *.rtf or *.doc to
>massage in Word and RoboHelp to create tech support docs.
>
>Well, I tried outputting a 44 pp doc to Microsoft Word 6.0/7.0 and
>Microsoft RTF.  After grinding away for half an hour and turning a 200 Kb
>FM file into a 19 000 Kb *.rtf/*.doc (format doesn't matter), FrameMaker
>informed me that the conversion filter had encountered an error.

The mif2go Cheer Squad pomm-pommed into town -- Colin, Fred, Jeremy (hmmm!
sounds familiar), Jerilynne, Lori, Michael, Sheila, and Stuart.  And then
they batoned me into trying mif2go.  So I will and report back how it went.

A couple of people suggested saving as Japanese RTF, which seems to work
more reliably(!?).

[Windows 2000, FrameMaker 5.5.6p145, FrameScript 1.27C01, Enhance 2.02,
Acrobat 4.05.2, mif2go 31r25, IXgen 5.5.h]

Regards,
Hedley

--
Subscribe to Free Framers -- send this message
      subscribe framers your@email.address

Hedley Finger
Technical Communications/Technical communicator and FrameMaker mentor
MYOB Australia <http://www.myob.com.au/>
P.O. box 371   Blackburn VIC 3130   Australia
<mailto:hedley_finger@myob.com.au>
Tel. +61 3 9894 0945
Mob. +61 412 461 558