Graphics Broken in HTML

Hi all,
OK, I've checked the archives, I've pored through all my Frame books, and
still can't figure out what's wrong. So I turn to the experts--help!
I've converted a 10-page Frame document with eight screen shots (jpgs) to
HTML.
Copied the jpgs into anchored frames. It looks great.
That is, all looked fine until I attached the file to e-mail. Just to be
sure things were OK, I opened the file to check it and alas, all the
graphics were replaced by the "broken" symbols.
I went back and converted them all to gifs but it made no difference. Still
broken.
I am new at this aspect of working with Frame, and don't know HTML yet, so
any help you can give me would be great.
Thank you so much!
Joanne