Re: (Another) Frame bug not fixed in 6.0 -- Tables: the Phantom Font Menace

> When you're done,
> all paras stored for all table formats will have default font properties,
> and those properties WON'T be stored in the table formats
> (check the MIF and you'll see).
> They will come back if you later change your para definitions --
> whether this is bug or feature,
> tables keep the exact para properites they were defined with.
> They keep para properties for header, footer, and body rows,
> and for as many columns as you had in the table you did Update All from.
> But you can, at any time, redefine them all without going to the MIF.

Well, I've had the same problem as Ananda, and I can assure you that
once you got this problem, no Update All in the world will help...
One problem is that table *instances* (not formats) can have para
definitions stored for the table's default para formats that contain
overrides compared to the definitions stored in the table format.
Once you got those kind of overrides, they cannot be eliminated.
You may have a situation where the Update All *will* help, but there
are cases when it won't. Really.

You either have to edit MIF, or turn off "Remember missing font names"
and accept all font substitutions (if the problem is with the fonts).
I reported this bug to Adobe in 1996, after careful investigations,
and it wasn't fixed in FM 5.5.6.