Re: problem printing book to Distiller

At 01:30 PM 7/31/00 +0300, Harvey Kaniel wrote:
>Greetings Framers,
>
>I've got a problem with a book file, and am unable to determine if its
>Frame (5.5) or Distiller (4.0) that is misbehaving. (Maybe both??)
>
>I generated a book from 3 files, all of which individually print to
>Distiller quite nicely. When attempting to print the book file  however,
>Distiller chokes and dies when it reaches the 2nd file, the TOC. "Can't
>open xyz.TOC" is the message I'm getting time and again. Subsequently
>Distiller only manages to print the 1st file, the front matter.
>
>I've sent the files to a colleague who had no problems at all generating
>the book and printing it to Distiller. But when she returned the files,
>they continued to foul up as before. What's wrong with the TOC file?

If you open the TOC file in FrameMaker, do you get any messages? Like maybe
the missing fonts message? That would prevent FrameMaker from opening and
distilling the TOC. You would have to somehow correct that message before
you could print the book.

You could also try printing an actual printer to see if you have the same
problem, or printing to a postscript file and then distilling that.

--Jeanette