problem printing book to Distiller

Greetings Framers,

I've got a problem with a book file, and am unable to determine if its
Frame (5.5) or Distiller (4.0) that is misbehaving. (Maybe both??)

I generated a book from 3 files, all of which individually print to
Distiller quite nicely. When attempting to print the book file  however,
Distiller chokes and dies when it reaches the 2nd file, the TOC. "Can't
open xyz.TOC" is the message I'm getting time and again. Subsequently
Distiller only manages to print the 1st file, the front matter.

I've sent the files to a colleague who had no problems at all generating
the book and printing it to Distiller. But when she returned the files,
they continued to foul up as before. What's wrong with the TOC file?

TIA for your assistance.

Regards,

Harvey Kaniel
Technical Writer