Creating an Index and Glossary

I apologize in advance for what may seem like a simple question for many of you. I have finally (hurray!) gotten authorization to telecommute, but stupid me left my frame book at the office.

For the first time, I am faced with creating an index and glossary in frame. I am using 5.5.3 on Windows. I can mark index text, but how can I create an index with subheadings like the following:

Refunds
   Audits of refunds
   Processing a refund
      Cash refunds
      Credit card refunds
      Debit card refunds
   Reversing a refund

For my glossary, other than just marking the glossary words, how do I actually get it to format like:

EOD: End of Day

Non-Sale Transactions: The transactions processed that do not involve a customer, for example, inventory adjustments, End of Day reports, etc.

QOH: Quantity on Hand

Sale Transactions: The transactions processed while dealing with a customer, for example sales, refunds, coupons, etc.

The online help for FrameMaker is pathetic.  All it really tells me is that I can create an index. Unless I'm not using the help right, I cannot see how to do either of the above.

It will be a couple of weeks before I have to go back to the office, and I would really appreciate any help I can get.

Suzette Leeming