unresolved x-refs flagged but not found

Hi framers,

(Frame 5.5.6 on Windows NT; Canterbury content management system)

We're running into a situation with unresolved cross-references that
we wonder if anyone else has encountered.

A chapter file (A) contains a cross-reference to a chapter (B) in another book.
When we open chapter A FrameMaker says that chapter A contains unresolved
cross-references.  This is logical because chapter B is not available at this
time (not checked out of the Canterbury repository).

Then we use the Find dialog to search for unresolved references.  It finds
none.  Knowing that there's really an unresolved reference out there, we
change the Find dialog to search for All cross-references.  When we find
the reference to the unavailable chapter B and double-click that reference,
we discover that, in fact, FrameMaker cannot find the source for this
reference,
even though the Find dialog has not identified it as an unresolved reference.

So, have you seen this behavior?  My boss searched the Adobe knowledge
base and found nothing.  She asked me to appeal to the collective wisdom
on this list.

To complicate things a bit more, the unresolved reference to the chapter
B actually appears inside a text inset.  When chapter B is available,
FrameMaker resolves the reference correctly.

We're trying to track down whether this is a known FrameMaker
behavior, or a problem with the Export facility of Canterbury.  Please
let us know if you have seen anything like this in your use of Frame,
and if you know anything more about what is happening.

Thanks,
martha

--
Martha Jane {Kolman | Davidson}
Dances With Words

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me,
  If I am only for myself, what am I,
  If not now, when?"
	--Hillel, Mishna, "Sayings of the Fathers," 1:13