White Text shows up!

Hi all...  Funny problem.  I'm trying to implement templates
for a wide-spread group of contractors.  Some use Macs, some
use various flavors of Windows.

For various reasons, I want to have chapter numbers that are
invisible in the chapter title pgf format.  That should be
no problem...  Just make a char format that uses white text,
and assign it to the auto num for the pgf format.  It works
fine on my NT machine.

Two Macs in our group do this:  Display white text as black;
print white text as black; display white text as black in
PDF.  It turns out this happened with *all* white text, not
just my autonumbers.  I could not reproduce this effect on
my system, although I could have missed something.  So I
made a new color named "Invisible" and made it effectively
white.  I use that for the autonum char formatting.  Viola,
it works for these two Macs!

Then another Mac turns up with the following problem...  The
text in the autonums doesn't display, and it doesn't print.
But it shows up in the PDF as black.  This is using my new
"invisible" color.

I give up.  Is this a bug, or is there some Distiller
setting that will cause this to happen?  Is there some Maker
color setting, such as color views that makes this happen?

Thanks for any help at all...                cud