Re: problem with variables in cross references

> I have a number of variables set up to render product names in fonts that
> are different from the font used for the rest of the text e.g.:
>
> 1. Introduction to <product name variable (Tahoma, 16, bold)>
>
> When I make a cross reference to this heading using a format which should
> give me "see Introduction to <product name variable (Tahoma, 16, bold)>" I
> actually get "see  Introduction to <product name variable (Tahoma, 16)>"
> i.e. the product name is not bold.

In cross-refs, font family changes are preserved, but not other changes
to the font characteristics in the heading.
See http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/76be.htm

I don't think there's anything you can do about this.

Thomas Michanek, [Michagon], Linkoping, Sweden
Documentation Consultant, FrameMaker/UNIX expert
EMAIL:  mailto:Thomas.Michanek@telia.com
WWW:    http://go.to/framers , or go directly to:
        http://w1.133.telia.com/~u13304072/framers