problem with variables in cross references

Hi Framers,

I have a number of variables set up to render product names in fonts that
are different from the font used for the rest of the text e.g.:

	1. Introduction to <product name variable (Tahoma, 16, bold)>

When I make a cross reference to this heading using a format which should
give me "see Introduction to <product name variable (Tahoma, 16, bold)>" I
actually get "see  Introduction to <product name variable (Tahoma, 16)>"
i.e. the product name is not bold.

Is there anything I can do to get the content of the variable as defined?

Thanks for your help,
Margaret Gerard