problem with variables in generated files

Hi Framers,

This is my first posting to this list.  I have been using Frame for a while
but I am stuck on this problem because, while I can think of a some of
"solutions", I am not happy with any of them.

I have a set of files containing headings where the level of the heading is
indicated by the font size. These files contain many instances of product
names where the product name is in a font different from the font used for
the text in the file. The product names are stored as variables. I have
defined a variable for each font size of each product name. Where a product
name is used in a heading, I use the product name variable which matches the
size of the heading.

This is all fine until I generate the TOC.

My TOC entries, i.e the headings from the chapter files, as defined on the
reference page, are all the same font size - which is my preferred
appearance for the TOC *but* where the TOC entry is a heading containing a
product name, the product name is the variable of the appropriate size for
the heading NOT for the TOC entry. Naturally, this looks dreadful.

1.	I could change the definition of the TOC entries to match the sizes
used for the various heading levels in the chapters but this would give me a
really ugly TOC.

2.	I could go through the TOC after generation and substitute the
correctly sized variable for each one that is too large.

3.	I could duplicate each heading in the chapter files, making the
duplicate match the TOC entry size and making it invisible, then compile the
TOC from the duplicates.

But surely there is a more efficient and reliable solution that I am
missing.

Thanks for your help,
Margaret Gerard