Subject: Re: cursor location when opening a file
Author:  Dan Emory <danemory@primenet.com> at FDCNOTESPO
Date:    06/02/2000 10:02 AM

     FrameMaker puts the cursor in the first text frame (autoconnected or not)
     that appears on the first page of the file. There is no way I can think of
     to change that behavior.

     Perhaps you should think about using some other method for placing
     the revision date. Is the revision date visible or invisible? If it's
     invisible, and its purpose is to produce the revision date in the running
     header or footer, why not insert a RevDate variable in the running header
     or footer on the master pages, and change the revision date by changing the
     value of the RevDate variable? If the revision date is visible, why does it
     have to be in a separate, unconnected text frame?