Lit Tech

Oh, I think that Lit Majors can make good tech writers.  The problem arrises
though when some of these lit types believe that they are trying to write a
novel instead of a technical document.  I have worked with lit types on my
tech team who have insisted, and have threatened to quit, if they weren't
allowed to use terms like "thus" and "thou" and "hitherto" in a document
about microchips.  They claimed that they were giving up "part of their
souls" for the document, and that they must be allowed to "let the spirit of
the document take flight."

It's microchips....not the dark night of your soul.....

Mike Wiethorn
Level One--An Intel Company
Sacramento, California
(916)855-5177 x3511