Re: Autonumbering problem

I have a paper on this subject that will answer your question. It's in PDF
format.
go to:

http://www.microtype.com

In the frame at left on the home page, click on Resources.
Scroll down to the title "Links to Tutorials & Articles".
You'll find several articles I've written on various FrameMaker
topics. The one you're looking for is Autonumbering in FrameMaker.
At 10:49 AM 6/2/00 -0400, Meagher, Vicki wrote:
>Hello:
>
>I entered this problem into the Web site, but it hasn't made the list, so
>I'm sending it again:
>
>I'm working on a technical manual with several chapters and want numbering
>such as the following:
>
>Chapter 1
>   Section 1.1
>     Section 1.1.1
>   Section 1.2
>     Section 1.2.1
>[etc]
>Figure 1-1
>Figure 1-2
>Table 1-1
>Table 1-2
>
>Chapter 2
>   Section 2.1
>     Section 2.1.1
>   Section 2.2
>     Section 2.2.1
>[etc]
>Figure 2-1
>Figure 2-2
>Table 2-1
>Table 2-2
>
>Can anyone tell me how to autonumber the heads, figure captions, and table
>captions to achieve this?

| Nullius in Verba |
Dan Emory, Dan Emory & Associates
10044 Adams Ave. #208, Huntington Beach, CA 92646